Friday, October 09, 2009

Games That I'm Playing: The First Set

I've recently realized for all the time I spend talking about games, I don't really talk about what I'm actually playing.  Occasionally I might do a review/opinion piece on a game after I finish it, but due to time and forgetfulness these come few and far between.

So I'm going to try and change that by posting weekly snap shots of the game I'm currently playing.  Be warned that they might be somewhat eclectic, because sometimes I'll just jump between games for no good reason.  I'd also mention some of them might be a bit obscure, but that's kind of a given for me.

So without further ado...

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - This is the game I've sunk most of my gaming time into lately. It's one I've actually been meaning to play through for a while, but I didn't really have an opportunity until I saw the game in a bargain bin.

While the game overall is pretty fun, it does have some surprisingly large flaws that I won't go into now.  I'm about three-fourths of the way through the game, so hopefully I should finish it so I can write a more detailed piece.



Mega Man 9 - Now here's a game I'm really late to the party on. I've actually got to Wily's Castle once on my brother's system and stopped playing.

A few days ago, I decided to pick up some games on the Wii shop.  The choice was between Contra: Rebirth and this game.  Mega Man won out in the end since I heard a rumor that the long-term sales of the game weren't so good, which was making Capcom hesitant on making another (can't find an article confirming this, so don't quote me on it).

Since I've technically played the game, and watched a lot of other do so, I blasted through the eight robot masters pretty easily.  I didn't have much trouble with the fortress either, until I got to the Double Demon boss. Haven't had a chance for a rematch yet, but I do plan to.

Rocket Knight Adventures - Hey, I did say I was going to play through these games.  I actually started on this one yesterday after work and made it through level four before taking a break for the night.

The game is fun, but pretty challenging.  While I'd love to learn how to conquer the game on my own, I unfortunately do not have time to play it completely straight.  I do try to minimize the cheating, especially when it comes to the boss fights.


So that's what I'm playing now.  With any luck I should actually finish these titles instead of just figuratively finishing them and moving onto other games.

No comments:

Post a Comment